After more than 10 years of research and clinical work, I have written, “Treating Trauma from Sexual Betrayal: The Essential Tools for Healing.” Here’s a few quick points that are discussed in the book:
- Why trauma is a natural response
- How to assess your trauma
- Why people stay stuck in trauma
- The secret to healing:
- Why boundaries are critical to healing
- How to deal with your painful memories
- How to start living again
- How to deal with difficult emotions
- How to utilize self compassion as you heal
- Four key elements of healing
As you read the book you will be guided in how you can heal from each of the core parts of trauma. You will be able to go back to your assessment and identify the areas you need to focus on. You will receive specific strategies for healing in the areas where you need the most help. The book concludes with a chapter that offers a case example of how to implement all of the tools suggested in the book.
There are no reviews yet.