Are you tired of trying to overcome a porn addiction? How do you kick the habit? Recently I read that 70 million Internet uses will view some form of online sexual pictures or videos this year. If only 5% are addicted that would mean that 3.5 million people need help for porn addiction. Recently I received a plea for help from a man who simply couldn’t stop on his own. In describing his challenges he wrote, “I used to have a very strong work ethic and intense drive. Now I procrastinate whenever possible so I can look at porn. I find myself waiting til the last minute for everything. I also used to be regarded as a very caring husband and friend. Now I have trouble showing anything but frustration and anger.” My heart goes out to him, his wife, and the thousands of others who fight this battle every day.
A few years ago a friend of mine asked me to help him with a growing problem that he was experiencing. He was spending many hours each week counseling young men who were struggling with a porn addiction. These were good men who had become trapped in the web of addiction. They had been full of energy and excitement, but with the heavy weight of a porn addiction their internal fire was going out.
Unfortunately, when pornography addicts want to change, they don’t know where to turn or how to get help. If you are at this stage, please let me help you. I have developed two audio books and a companion workbook to help you develop the skills to change. Remember the old adage, “If we fail to plan we plan to fail.” You can succeed with the right preparation, knowledge, and skills. With the right preparation and learning, you can heal from a porn addiction. As a professional therapist, I have spent a lot of time considering the process it takes to change. I have come to believe that change is possible for all addicts. I see many of my clients succeeding.
Many porn addicts begin wondering if they can ever quit. They wonder what it takes to change and if they have it in them. They have tried over and over to quit only to find themselves trapped again. One man, when describing his porn addiction, said, “I’ve known that I was addicted to pornography for many years but have always believed I could control it myself. I always fail at controlling it. I tell myself several times per week that I need to not look at it anymore, but I always go back.”
With the advent of the Internet, pornography has become one of the fastest growing and most easily accessed “highs” to which someone can become addicted. Our society has no idea how devastating this addiction really is and what it will become. Those who are trapped in this addiction do know. They have feelings of hopelessness and helplessness. They are afraid to seek help because it is embarrasing. They are good people wondering where to get help for their porn addiction.
In a classic book, “Changing for Good” the authors describe six stages in change. These stages are:
- Precontemplation–During this stage the addicted person doesn’t believe they have a problem. They believe that they can handle things on their own. At this level the addicted person sees no need to change their behaviors.
- Contemplation–This is the place where change starts. Those who have a porn addiction start seeing the consequences of their actions. They may have been caught and realize that they may need help. This stage can last for weeks, months, or even years.
- Preparation–The preparation stage is the time where individuals start thinking about how they are going to change. They develop new strategies or plans. Their planning gives them hope that change is possible. They truly want to make the changes that lead to long-term success. During this stage they develop new tools and awareness so that they can break out of old patterns and habits.
- Take-Action–During the taking action stage, the plans made in the preparation stage are implemented. This is when new patterns and habits start to be formed. For the addict, this is an exciting time because they can see a difference in their life. Energy and excitement return to the addict’s life.
- Maintanance–Once action for change has taken place, the next big step is maintaining the growth and change that has occurred. During this stage it is important to continue growing and developing in other areas of life. The key of maintenance is learning to replace old habits with new productive ones.
- Relapse Prevention–The final stage is developing effective relapse prevention strategies. The fact is that most addicts relapse at some point in the recovery process. However, with effective relapse prevention strategies, long-term change is possible.
I have personally seen my clients change when they understood these stages and learned the tools they needed. Sadly, most who struggle with pornography addiction stay in the precontemplation stage until they have hurt themselves and others with their addiction. Others live in the contemplation stage trying to determine if they want to change or keep their addictive behaviors a little longer.
Here at Discover and Change, we want to provide the best tools and resources to individuals struggling with a porn addiction. When you learn the steps you need to take to change you will gain a new hope and excitement in your life. You will realize that you don’t have to live with the heavy burden of pornography addiction.
Unfortunately most people keep trying the same strategies to overcome their pornography addiction and they end up with the same disappointing results.
Are you prepared to receive information that will remake the person you have become? Here is what people are saying about the information available on these audio books:
“I was very skeptical when my bishop asked me to go to counseling. I thought I could do it on my own. I didn’t realize how much pornography had been impacting me. What was really cool was that once I learned these tools, I regained my hope. I am excited again. I want to thank you for giving me hope. I know I still have work ahead, but I know I have the right tools now. Thank you!”
“You know I didn’t realize how far down the path I was. I had given in so many times I didn’t consider how my actions were taking me from my family and my work. I really like your approach. You seem to understand the difficulties of recovery, but seem to keep me focused on the fact that I can win this battle. The awareness you have given me along with the tools really helps. Thanks.”
“My hope is back. I feel like a new person. You have laid the foundation for my change. My wife and kids are trying to get used to having their dad back. As for me, I know that I am still going to have challenges, but I really do see light at the end of the tunnel.”
Why am I struggling so much to overcome this pornography addiction?
I am often asked why pornography addiction is so hard to overcome. The answer lies inside of you where chemicals are released when you view pornography. These chemicals are extremely addictive and they are always available–your body produces them at will.
In order to understand the powerful effect of pornography on the mind, you have to consider that the mind records everything it sees. If you have looked at pornography, those images can be replayed in your mind anytime. Therefore, learning to stop those “replays” is crucial if you are going to win this fight.
In the “Treating Pornography Addiction Workbook”, you will find a chapter that describes how the process of addiction develops in the mind and how it can be deactivated. This description is extremely helpful for those seeking to break their patterns of addiction. One therapist who has worked with addictions for years read this chapter and said “I love this. I need to give this to everyone I work with who is dealing with an addiction. With the understanding they receive from this they will have the most helpful tool I could give them in fighting their addiction.”
If you want help, the tools are available right here.
TREATING PORNOGRAPHY ADDICTION: THE ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR RECOVERY
If you are looking to change, help is available. Our educational audio books and companion workbook can help you change. They will help you in the preparation, taking action, maintanence, and relapse prevention stages. In the first audio book you will learn:
- How pornography impacts your mind
- How your addiction developed
- How to break the pattern of viewing pornography by understanding yourself and your body
- How to re-write your mind scripts so that you don’t turn to pornography
- How to create a game plan that works for you
- How to heal from the shame and guilt you feel
- How to utilize your inner voice in the recovery process
This information will help you in the preparation stage of the change process. The next audio book offers relapse prevention strategies to help you maintain the changes you have made. In this audio book you will learn:
- The key elements that prevent change and contribute to relapse
- How to utilize your personal beliefs and values to win the battle
- The most important tools for preventing relapse
- How others are succeeding in overcoming their porn addiction (addiction pornography)
Finally, the companion workbook offers an in-depth understanding into the following areas:
- The creation of a pornography addiction (addiction pornography)
- How to assess your level of addiction
- How to activate and deactivate addictive behaviors
- The steps to change for good
- The key principles that lead to a new life of recovery and hope
“What Does It Cost?”
|Counseling, Groups, Lost Productivity||USD/year|
|Counseling 3 sessions @kinsta.com80 per hour||$240|
|Group 12 sessions at $30||$360|
|Money spent on Pornography 50% don’t spend money on porn while those who do avg. $50-100 a year (as reported on my site)||$50-100|
|Lost Productivity (retake classes, missed job advancement).||$500-1000 minimum|
|Family and relationship problems||Too Much|
|Total Cost without Lost Productivity and Family Issues||>$650|
|Treating Pornography Addiction: The Essential Tools For Recovery||Costs a Small Fraction of What It Is Worth.|
Overcome Porn Addiction
When you purchase this product, you are taking charge of your life. These audio books and compaion workbook will provide you with answers to many of the questions you have been wondering about. You aren’t alone. There is help available and you can join the hundreds of others who have benefitted from this material.
Our work has taught us that you can prevent a lot of pain by seeking help. If you would like to learn the essential tools for overcoming a pornography addiction and prevent a lot of pain, you can get help today.
“Don’t wait to get help. Gain the tools you need to make a permanent and lasting change in your life. We will provide you the information you need to make these changes.”
You can overcome this addiction. Let us help you. Get started today.
Wishing you the best,
Dr. Kevin B. Skinner, LMFT
p.s. If you, your spouse, a child or another family member is dealing with a pornography problem, the contents of these audio books will help you fight the battle step by step. Regarding these audio books one religious leader said, “There are many books out lately, but I believe none come close to being able to learn from the
CD’s[now in Audio Book format] and workbook together. We need these tools in order to help those trapped in pornography fully recover and to salvage and foster marriages. I have not found any other product that compares to the benefit of what Dr. Skinner has created.”
One man who recently purchased this product said, “Thank you. Your teachings and help are aiding me through a once deep addiction as well as giving me the opportunity to help some friends go through it too. I will never be the same.”
This set includes the published book and the four audio books (including both the parent’s and spouse’s guide). It will be shipped within 1-2 business after cleared payment.